|Name :||Dinesh D. Harsolekar|
|Specialization :||Accounting, Finance, Communication and Soft Skills|
|Area(s) of Interest :||Accounting, Finance, Communication and Soft Skills|
Work Experience :
- Director at Indian Education Society’s Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai (Approved by the University of Mumbai as the Director of the Institute and Post-graduate Teacher in Management Studies) from February, 2005.
- Worked on a couple of short term assignments during July, 2003 and January, 2005.
- Dean at Institute for Technology & Management, Navi Mumbai from July, 2000 to June, 2003
- Dean at Western Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Navi Mumbai from January, 1996 to June, 2000.
- Dean at Western Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Navi Mumbai from January, 1996 to June, 2000
- Director at Institute for Technology & Management, Navi Mumbai from October, 1992 to December, 1995.
- Asst. Professor at Institute for Technology & Management, Navi Mumbai from July, 1991 to September, 1992.
- Research Associate (At the level of University Reader) at Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, University of Mumbai from June, 1986 to May, 1991.
- Lecturer in Commerce at Sheshshshayee College, Nagda (M.P.) from November, 1983 to May, 1986.
- Jr. Officer at Gajara Bevel Gears Ltd., Dewas (M.P.) from June, 1980 to November, 1983, responsible for :-
- Branch Audit.
- Collection, compilation and Presentation of Branch Information to Management
- Sales Tax of Works and Branches.
- Sales Accounting.
Research output :
- A Study of Restructuring Practices in the Financial Services Sector in Indian Banking Industry; KBSCMR’s Journal of Management Research (ISSN – 0975- 1513) Vol. 1, May 2012. (Co-authored)
- A Study of Trends in Corporate Governance Practices in Indian Commercial Banks; Apotheosis; A journal of Business Research (ISSN -- 2249-1589) Vol. 2, Issue 1; March 2012. (Co-authored)
- SKS Microfinance Limited – The First IPO by an Indian Microfinance Institution; Siddhant Journal of Management Principles (ISSN – 2249-832X) Vol.1, Issue 2; July 2012. (Co-authored)
- A Study of the Impact of Inflation and High Interest Rates on the Indian Economy; Atmajyot - Journal of Research (ISSN –0976—366X) Vol. 3; July 2012. (Co- authored)
- Will the Indian Customers Consider a Shift in Banking Services to Islamic Banking? A Study in Mumbai; International Journal of Management and Transformation (ISSN -- 0974-3502) Vol.5 Number 2; Autumn 2011. (Co-authored)
- Banking Sector and its Role in the Changing Economic Scenario; Quest; Journal of Management Research (ISSN -- 0976-2000) Vol. II Issue II September 2011. (Co - authored)
- NKC on Management Education; University News; The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 46 No. 41, October 13-19, 2008.
- Self-governance in Professional Institutions; University News; The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 44, No. 04, January 23-29, 2006.
- Educating about Education; University News; The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 43, No. 42, October 17-23, 2005.
- Centralized Admissions for Professional Programmes; University News; The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 43, No. 33, August 15-21, 2005.
- Alarm Bells for University MBA Programmes; University News; The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 43. No. 11, March 14 - 20, 2005.
- Common Entrance Exams for Professional Courses; University News, The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 38, No. 32, August 7, 2000.
- Globalization of Indian Higher Education; University News, The Journal of Association of Indian Universities; (ISSN – 0566-2257) Vol. 38, No. 28, July 10, 2000.
- The state of MIS – An Indian Scenario; AMBIT; Journal of Bombay Management Association; November, 1988
- Admission Woes; Maharashtra Times Special Supplement; February 14, 2011.
- Leadership and Management Education; Maharashtra Times Special supplement; December 24, 2010.
- Focus on Learning and Not on Passing; Free Press Journal, Mumbai, September 13, 2010
- Higher Education in Times of Recession; Pragati Fast, MT Special Supplement, 2009, 2nd Edition.
- Radical Changes Needed (to Give a Fillip to the Indian Education System); The Indian Express, February 28, 2002.
- Let Go of the Reins, Give Them a Free Hand; The Economic Times, January 31, 2000.
- Loosening the Academic Knot; The Times of India, September 15, 1994.
- The making of a Financial Wizard; Metropolis, April 16, 1994.
- Management Education vis-à-vis Industry; The Economic Times, November 2, 1993.
- DSS, MIS, TP – Three vital Information Systems; Financial Express, May 5, 1990.
- Grapevine and Organizational Development; Financial Express, October 17, 1989.
Contributions in Conferences, Workshops and Seminars :
- New Regulatory Model for Management Education in India; Third AIMS International Conference at IIM, Ahmedabad, January 1-4, 2006.
Books Published :
- Financial Accounting for Management; Edu-tech Publishing Co.; First published in 1995. 4 Editions and 10 Reprints thereafter.
- Ridiculed Higher Education and Remedies for Revival; Multi-tech Publishing Pvt. Ltd.; 1999.
Prizes / Awards :
- Higher Education Forum Award for the Best Faculty in Accounting and Finance.
- Patkar Memorial Gold Medal given by IES for the exemplary performance as the Director of Management College.
MDPs / Consulting Assignments Handled :
- Conducted Executive Training Programmes for the Companies like ACC, Crompton Greaves, Tata Liebert, Vikram Ispat, Global Telesystems, Technova Imaging Systems, Family Planning Association of India, Mazagon Dock Limited, The Greater Bombay Co-operative Bank Ltd., Afcons Infrastructure Ltd.
Nominations / Positions held on the Boards / Councils / Committees of Professional or Academic Bodies (past and present) :
- Governor's Nominee on the Senate of the S. N. D. T. Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Member of Academic Council of University of Mumbai
- Chairman of the Ad-hoc Board of Studies in Finance (University of Mumbai)
- Member, Research and Recognition Committee, Faculty of Management, University of Mumbai.
- Member of the Board of University Teaching and Research (BUTR) for the Faculty of Management of University of Mumbai.
- Member of the Faculty of Management of University of Mumbai
- Member, Ad hoc Board of Management Studies, SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Member, Research and Recognition Committee, SNDT.
- Member of Local Enquiry Committee, University of Mumbai.
- Member of Local Enquiry Committee, SNDT University, Mumbai.
- External referee for Ph.D. for Pune University and SNDT Women’s University.
- External referee for Ph.D. for DAVV University.
- Selection Committee Member at SNDT University and several other Institutes to select Director and faculty members.
Membership of Professional Associations :
- Association of Indian Management Scholars
- Forum of Free Enterprise.