Ph. D. in Management Studies (Affiliated to University of Mumbai)
Ph.D. Program of Mumbai University
About The Program
IES –MCRC is a recognized Ph.D. Centre of University of Mumbai. Students interested in pursuing Ph.D. in management studies can register for this programme.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
Candidates who have cleared the qualifying Ph.D. entrance test in management of University of Mumbai.
Qualified in SET / NET / JRF examination.
Completed M.Phil degree from any other recognized University in India by following the UGC guidelines regarding minimum standards of admission and passing as given in Regulation 2009 of UGC ( minimum standard and procedure for award of M.Phil/Ph.D. degree) issued by University Grants Commission on 1st June 2009.
About Admission :
- Interested candidate should fill up admission form with current detail and should submit the same with required documents** to the admin office before prescribed date.
- The interviews will be conducted of eligible students after scrutiny of applications. The interview schedule will be displayed on notice board as well as communicated to the candidates on e-mail.
- The list of the qualified candidates after interview will be displayed on the notice board and also communicated to the qualified candidates.
- The admission will be confirmed after payment of prescribed fees.
- The letter of allotment of research guide will be issued within a week after payment of the prescribed fees.
Required documents :
- Mark Sheets ( all semesters) and Convocation Certificate of Bachelor and Master Degree.
- Certificate issued by Thesis Section of University of Mumbai regarding clearance of PET. Or Relevant Certificates relating to eligibility for admission in PhD Degree.
- NOC from the employer in prescribed form if candidate is working.
- Proof of residential address.
- Character Certificate from Principal of earlier college or employer.
- Migration Certificate if applicable
Research Proposal :
- The candidate after completion of the admission process, should submit the outline of his/her research proposal in consultation with his/her Research Guide with the prescribed fees to the thesis section of University of Mumbai through the college as per the guide line of University of Mumbai from time to time.
- After receiving approval from the RRC, the candidate should submit his/her application for P.G. Registration for Ph.D. Programme to the Thesis section of the University of Mumbai through the College not later than 20 days.
Course Work :
- Every Candidate must undergo the course work prescribed by the Board of Studies of Faculty in Management as per clause no. 13 of UGC regulation 2009, published in the Gazette of India, 11 July 2009 (ASADHA 20,1931)
- The Duration of the course work will be for a minimum period of one semester i.e. Six months.
- The Candidate will be evaluated by the College in the course work prescribed the University of Mumbai.
- The Certificate of completion of the course work will be given to the candidate after completion of course work and evaluation on the basis of assignments, presentations and a viva-voce.
- The Course work will be treated as pre-Ph.D. preparation.
- The Candidates who have successfully completed the M. Phil. programme of University of Mumbai or of any other UGC recognized Universities as per the UGC guide lines from time to time will be exempted from the course work.
Candidates who have secured admission for the Ph.D. Course are required to pay the fees as under :-
Following is the fee structure for the Ph.D. Course for 1st Year (for academic year 2016-2017)
|1.||Tuition Fees Per annum||62,000 /-|
|2.||University Fees||As applicable|