Kiran Rao is an alumnus of IES COA with a professional experience since 2010 in industrial, infrastructure, residential & tensile architecture. He has been teaching architecture since 2012. Being an independent professional specializing in the redevelopment of residential & commercial projects in Mumbai city & western suburbs. Kiran has detailed knowledge in Mumbai DCPR, he takes up subjects like building bye-laws & professional practice. A keen interest in fabrication & detailing has inclined him towards taking up subjects like building technology, project & construction management & architectural representation. He believes that architecture should not be taught or imposed but make students independent to assimilate information & ideas that they are exposed to. A believer in learning by doing, his teaching is backed by professional experiences. At IES COA he is the head of the Examination Department.
B. ARCH, IES COA, University of Mumbai, 2012
Notable Achievement, Publications and Projects
Few Projects worked on:
While working in the field of Industrial & Infrastructure projects he has completed the following projects with M.K. Welankar & associates & Octamec Engineering
1. 23000 Spindle Spinning mill at Boris, Dhule,
2. Factory shed & office building for Luwa India at Kasaba Hobli, Banglore,
3. Corporate office interiors for M/s Kores India at Mahim, Mumbai
4. Proposed integrated solar photovoltaic, wafer fabrication & cell manufacturing facility at Satara, Maharashtra for M/s Birla Surya Ltd.
5. Control Room Building for Sub-Station Package at Wanpoh, Kashmir for M/s Power Grid Corporation of India
6. Tensile Roofing Solution for Greenfield International Stadium, at Kariavattom in Thiruvananthapuram city, Kerala 7. Space frame tollway shed of 60 x 30m for Transstroy India at Bhopal, MP Presently he is handling two MHADA redevelopment projects under regulation 33(5) of MCGM DCPR 2034.
He is also Project Management Consultant for several societies undergoing redevelopment in Versova, Juhu & Dadar