Ruark Figueiredo graduated from the Indian Education Society’s College of Architecture in 2010. He is a practising architect and has completed several Residential, Commercial and Religious projects. He has started his own practice in 2014 and finished a few prestigious projects since that time, including an Auditorium project in Kemps Corner for Villa Theresa school where he was felicitated by the Archbishop of Mumbai, a Permanent Religious Exhibition Center as an Interior Design Architect in collaboration with TGNC for Mount Marys Basilica Bandra, the Interior design of Christ the King Church at Govandi, several Banquet projects in an around Mumbai, a few Recording studios for Octavius Studios, several residential interior projects including an interior for a heritage bungalow in Ranwar village Bandra, and a few Architectural Residential Design projects in the Suburbs of Mumbai. He has a passion for lighting design and makes his own lights out of scrap, plastic or old marble and woodwork pieces as innovative light products. Other than the subjects that he teaches that is Architectural Design, Water supply, Electricity, Acoustics, HVAC, project management he has also taken electives on Creative Lighting Products for various design uses.
Ruark as a teacher is a multitasker, passionate about teaching, and also interacts and guides students on various architectural competitions, and sculpture making exercises, he encourages his students and does his best to motivate them. He believes he is constantly learning & growing along with his students.
Bachelors in Architecture, University of Mumbai, IES College of Architecture, 2010
Notable Achievement, Publications and Projects
- Mount Mary’s Exhibition Center, for Mount Marys Basilica.
- Villa Theresa Auditorium, at Kemps Corner
- Christ the King Church – Govandi – Sanctuary Design
- Several other Interior, Architecture and PMC projects
- Interior Design of the Early Intervention Center for Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Impaired Disabilities – Which has been recognised by Govt of India.
- Mentored students for a sculpture at the KALA GHODA FESTIVAL
- Mentored students for Solar Decathlon India Challenge.
- Mentored students for various Lighting Design Exercises.